Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scarred for life?...I hope not!

So... some of you have heard this story but I'm told I need to write this one down. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this. I'm kinda hoping Kobe just forgets about this one.
So we came back from our Bear lake family reunion late Saturday night Exhausted and went straight to bed. After church the next day we decided we were all going to take naps. We put Kylee to bed and began trying to get Kobe to take a nap. He kept coming out of his room with excuse after excuse just trying to stay up. He tried telling me there was some big bug in my closet and wanted me to get out of bed and come see it. I was sooo done with him trying to prolong the inevitable that I told him he better get to bed or he was going to be in big trouble. He went, and we all got a good nap in.

Well because Kobe took a nap earlier, that night he wasn't tired at bedtime...ugh! So back to the whole process again. He began telling me about the big bug in my closet again. So this time I walked over to look in the closet. I did see something. It was much bigger than a real bug, so I thought it was one of Kobe's toy bugs and he was trying to play a trick on me by sticking it in my closet to scare me. Instead of playing along and acting scared, I decided to grab it and swing it around his face saying ahhh oooh. Well come to realize.... it wasn't a fake bug at all! IT WAS HIS PET FROG- DEAD!!! When I realized this I screamed chucking it across the room. Aaron asked me what it was, and I said, "IT'S JUMPER"! Poor Kobe...his mom stuck his dead pet in his face! Sad....I know! That night Kobe was kinda sad. He kept saying he felt like he was going to cry. I told him not to worry that Jumper was in heaven with all his Jumper friends and all the bugs in the world to eat. He was happy there!

We didn't take very good care of Jumper. I'm feeling a little guilty now, well... I did long before this happened and I was going to put him on KSL but never got around to it. He hardly got fed, hence the reason he got out of his cage. The poor thing was probably looking for food. When we found him he was black and mostly hard. We tried flushing him down the toilet and he clogged it! I guess Jumper was paying us back for the suffering we put him through that he clogged our toilet.

That night in Kobe's prayers he asked Heavenly Father to tell Jumper he was sorry for not taking care of him very well. It was pretty cute.

We really are good pet owners just not to the quiet ones that are in their cage all day. We kinda forget about them. Don't worry Tripp we could never forget about you!

2 comments:

Kristin.Fredriksen

bahahahaha, so funny! i have a few of those too with mine. long time no see cuz, i guess now I can blogstalk you.
kristin

Kristen

He told me "I have some bad news for you, Jumper died" I told him that isn't bad news because I thought jumper was gross....I guess I should have been more sensitive. Poor kid.