Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Grade..No way??

Kobe's first day of school was awesome, well for him anyways. I think sending him to first grade was even harder for me than sending him to kindergarten. First grade means Kobe being gone all day long. Lets just say little Ky and I missed him like crazy!! I kept looking at the clock wondering if it was almost time to go pick him up. Kylee kept looking around saying Bobe, Bobe??

We dropped him off that morning and could hardly get any pictures of him because he was so excited to go inside. His teacher was dressed like a pirate and the classroom was all decked out! And yes... he's in a portable. Not quite sure what I think about that, but he seems excited. There's no bathroom in the portable, so that means he has to go into the school for that. He's not going to like that in the winter. Lets just hope the teacher doesn't find any yellow spots in the snow behind the portable.

Kobe came home so excited about his teacher, friends, hot lunch, and P.E. I'm excited his good friend Jackson Greenberg is in his class. Now maybe between Whitney and I, we can figure out what they do each day.

Last minute I had decided to change Kobe from the 9:15am start time to the 8:00am start time. Call me crazy, I know. But he's surprisingly do well with it. I carry him into mine and Aaron's bedroom in the morning so he can wake up to Curious George and eat breakfast in our bed. Talk about a SOFT LIFE!!! But it works.

After school Kylee and I had made cookies for Kobe. I made his bed and wrote him a little card. He was pretty excited! Here's to a great year buddy!!!

1 comments:

The Bateman Family

You are such a stinkin cute mom!! I bet Kobe was SO excited to get cookies on his bed! Bridger would just be shocked that I had even MADE cookies!! :) Glad he's loving school!!