Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kids are so honest!

So I'm already having a hard enough time knowing that my 30th birthday is just around the corner, and then my neighbor calls me. She says Kobe was at her house and their dad was talking about how he is the king of the house. Kobe's all..."ya my dad is the king of our house too"! So they asked him, "Does that mean your mom's the queen"? He said, " no she's the OLD Princess"!!!!! Are you kidding me!

Come on, what's a number anyway? Besides the wrinkles and saggy boobs....well wait... now days you can fix anything, right! Getting older just means that you get to experience new adventures as your kids get older. Pretty soon Kobe will be giving me rides on his dirt bike and trying to freak his mom out (he tells me this all the time). Kylee will be all girl (but still adventurous like me) and getting ready for her first date. We'll be cheering at their games and crying with them during their hard times. We'll be doing school projects and fun vacations. And I'm sure there will be some more bambino's or bambina's on the way... no, this isn't an announcement, but we do have to get a move on, I'm getting old right, ha! Sooooo many things to look forward to! I just hope all those things don't go by too fast! I guess I just need to live in the moment and love it, and be the Best Dang mom and wife I can be, right now.

2 comments:

Cami Jo

Oooh my goodness you had me laughing at "she's the old princess!" I can just hear Kobe saying that...he is so funny! I think princess is better than queen =)

You made me excited when you mentioned all the things you have to look forward to, and also reminded me to live in the moment and enjoy it because it will go too fast! I am already seeing this with Emma...

I can't wait for more little Mendenhalls running around =)

Larsen Family

You are getting old...I am so glad I won't turn thirty until way after you:)