Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The recipient of a good deed...


A few days ago Aaron and I decided to go to The Training Table for dinner. Who doesn't crave some cheesy fries every now and then, right? Well on our way there Kylee was freaking out in the back. Nothing we did could get her to calm down.....granted she's never loved being in the car for too long, but even mommy acting like a complete dork or playing her favorite song didn't even work. We finally got to the restaurant and sat down and then began noticing this nasty smell. Yes, it was Kylee! So I proceed to the bathroom to change her when upon arriving realized there was no changing table. Normally I would rather change her in the car anyways because I'm a little bit of a germ a Phoebe, but this time I began changing her on the 1 foot space that was available by the sink. As I began, I realized this was going to be a much bigger job. Yes, she had a bLoW OuT!! I don't even remember the last time she had a blow out. So... just my luck I didn't have a change of clothes or WIPES!!! Oh man.... what a mess. I was so embarrassed with people coming in and out, they were afraid to even wash their hands by me because of the awful scene. Let me tell you though, there was this sweet lady who went to the kitchen and asked them for a wash cloth. She came back and handed me the cloth and said, "Don't worry, I've been there before". Talk about someone doing a good deed! I love it when a total stranger helps me out! It feels so good to be the recipient of someone doing good. I have been the recipient many many times so thanks everyone out there! It makes me want to try and notice more and help out those who might need an extra hand. Well, we came back to the table, Kylee in just a coat and diaper.... but man were those cheesy fries good!!

2 comments:

The Bateman Family

I LOVE training table fries!! I'm so glad someone helped you out! It is NOT fun being stuck like that!

Cami Jo

Ha ha! I loved reading this post, and I just kept thinking, "Oh man...this is going to be me one day!" That really was so nice of that lady to go and get you a washcloth...it makes you want to do it back to someone! On the positive side, at least you had some yummy cheese fries =)